In 2019 Council commenced preparing and exhibiting the following strategic planning documents required by the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and the Greater Sydney Commission’s North District Plan.
1. LOCAL STRATEGIC PLANNING STATEMENT
The Mosman Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS) was made by Council in March 2020.
The Mosman LSPS sets out the Council’s 20-year vision for land use planning in Mosman, along with a suite of planning priorities and actions relating to housing, local centres, infrastructure and the environment. It builds upon the vision for Mosman expressed in Council’s Community Strategic Plan MOSPLAN 2018-2028, identifying that as Mosman grows and changes to meet community needs, a key priority for Council will be to maintain the high levels of environmental amenity, liveability and landscape quality that characterise the municipality.
The Mosman LSPS was prepared by Council to meet the requirements of section 3.9 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979. It was publicly exhibited during June-August 2019, endorsed by Council on 3 December 2019, and supported by the Greater Sydney Commission on 4 March 2020.
Past blog posts on this project can be found below:
- 30 July 2019 : Public meeting on land use planning proves highly popular
- 15 August 2019 : Tremendous Response to Public Exhibition of Mosman’s Draft Local Strategic Planning Statement
- 28 November 2019 : Draft Local Strategic Planning Statement to be considered by Council on 3 December 2019
- 12 December 2019 : Council endorses draft Local Strategic Planning Statement
- 23 March 2020 : Council makes Mosman Local Strategic Planning Statement
For background information about the draft Mosman LSPS, visit Council’s consultation web page.
2. LOCAL HOUSING STRATEGY
A local housing strategy is currently being prepared by Council to outline how Mosman will deliver additional housing to meet future population needs. It is required to be prepared to give effect to actions in the Greater Sydney Commission’s Greater Sydney Region Plan (A Metropolis of Three Cities) and North District Plan. It is anticipated that a local housing strategy will be reported to Council in mid-2020, and exhibited for comment soon after.
3. COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION PLAN
The Mosman Community Participation Plan was adopted by Council at its meeting on 12 November 2019, with minor amendments. The plan explains how and when Council will undertake community participation when exercising its planning functions, in particular relating to:
- Development applications
- Local strategic planning statements
- Amendments to the local environmental plan
- Draft development control plans
- Draft contribution plans
The draft plan was reported to the Council Meeting held on 6 August 2019, and publicly exhibited during the period 29 August to 26 September 2019.