Public consultation on a Planning Proposal for miscellaneous amendments to Mosman Local Environmental Plan 2012 (the LEP) will be undertaken from Thursday 4 November until Wednesday 1 December 2021 at www.yourvoicemosman.com.au.
Council considered a report outlining the proposed amendments at the 1 June 2021 Council Meeting (EP/12) where it was resolved to endorse and submit the Planning Proposal to the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment for Gateway Determination. The Department has now issued its Determination with approval to proceed to public exhibition.
The proposed LEP amendments on exhibition are:
- Amend Zone B1 and B2 local objectives to reference the importance of traditional shopfront proportions, local character and village atmosphere;
- Insert wall height objectives for clause 4.3A and define mansard roof;
- Insert a standard earthworks local provision in part 6;
- Amend schedule 2 to increase the capital investment value for exempt development at Taronga Zoo from $1m to $1.5m; and
- Correct mapping anomalies in land zoning and development standards for various land:
- 133 Awaba Street, Lot 100 DP 1256368;
- Cowles Road, Lot 1 DP 388205 (adjacent to no. 89B Cowles Road);
- Harnett Avenue (south of Crown Road);
- Hordern Lane (adjacent to 80-86 Spit Road);
- Rear of 37-45 Mandolong Road, Lots 1 and 3-5 DP 1138034, and Lot 1 DP 117108; and
- Upper Spit Road, Lot 1 DP 831055 (Sydney Water asset).
These amendments are proposed following a review of the LEP. Sections 3.8(3) and 3.21 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 require that Council periodically review and update its local environmental plan to ensure that the objects of the Act are met, and to give effect to the NSW Government’s Greater Sydney Region Plan.
Submissions can be made by online survey, email to email@example.com, or by post to Mosman Council, attention Urban Planning, PO Box 211, Spit Junction NSW 2088. The close of submissions is 1 December 2021.
At the conclusion of the exhibition period, any submissions received will be considered. These will be reported to a Council Meeting in early 2022. Once finalised, the date of the LEP will also be amended, for example, to Mosman LEP 2022.
Council has been authorised by the NSW Government to be the local plan-making authority for the planning proposal.
Enquiries to Kelly Lynch, Senior Strategic Planner, on 9978 4058 or firstname.lastname@example.org .