Council will consider a report at its upcoming Council Meeting on 3 December 2019 on public exhibition of the draft Mosman Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS), feedback received and proposed changes to the draft document as a result.
The report and attachments can be viewed below:
- Report EP/52 Mosman Local Strategic Planning Statement – Draft
- Attachment 1 Feedback Received from Submissions and Public Meeting
- Attachment 2 Correspondence from Greater Sydney Commission
- Attachment 3 Draft LSPS with amendments
The draft Mosman LSPS sets out Council’s 20-year vision for land use planning in Mosman, identifying planning priorities and actions relating to housing, local centres, infrastructure and the environment. It was publicly exhibited for six weeks from 27 June to 7 August 2019, and in response, Council received:
- 652 written submissions,
- feedback from a public meeting held on 24 July attended by 80 members of the community, and
- advice from the Greater Sydney Commission and public authorities.
Overall, feedback received was positive with support expressed for the vision, planning priorities and actions outlined. By far, most feedback relates to future development within Mosman’s local centres including the possible redevelopment of land in Mosman Junction for a Woolworths supermarket. In response some amendments to the draft LSPS are proposed, primarily to provide additional information about Council programs, projects and plans; identify collaboration opportunities with Government agencies and others; and improve clarity of the document. The report seeks Council’s endorsement of the draft Mosman LSPS with amendments, prior to its submission to the Greater Sydney Commission for final approval.
The Council Meeting commences at 7pm. The Agenda and procedural information about the meeting can be obtained on Council’s website.