The State government has proposed changes to the planning framework affecting schools and child care centres. A draft State Environmental Planning Policy has been prepared and is currently on exhibition for public comment until April 7.
Mosman residents are being encouraged to have their say on draft changes which will give government and non-government schools greater self-determining planning powers.
Council is preparing its own submission outlining its views on, and objections to, the draft State Environmental Planning Policy (Educational Establishments and Child Care Facilities) 2017.
This report outlines the key issues relating to Mosman including:
- implications for government and non-government schools in Mosman
- implications for existing and new child care centres
- school expansion in residential neighbourhoods
- Council certification of developments
- adaptive reuse of existing buildings