The NSW Government is reviewing the State’s planning system. The Review began late last year and a Green Paper was prepared seeking feedback and comment from the public. A submission has been prepared on behalf of Mosman addressing a number of issues of particular relevance to this community.
- The purpose of a planning act
- Public consultation and how it will be done effectively
- Extension of code assessment for development proposals
- Non compliant development assessment
- Changes to mechanisms for council to collect money for infrastructure
- Probity issues in the new planning culture
Mosman planners also participated in the preparation of a regional submission addressing all the recommendations in the Green Paper. This submission by SHOROC has been endorsed by all member councils.