At the Council Meeting held on Tuesday 7 September 2021, Council considered a report on the engagement strategy for the public exhibition of a Planning Proposal to rezone land within the Mosman Scenic Protection Area from Zone R2 Low Density Residential to Zone E4 Environmental Living under Mosman Local Environmental Plan 2012. Associated amendments to Mosman Residential Development Control Plan 2012 are also proposed.
The engagement strategy seeks to provide clear and balanced information to landowners of the 2,631 affected properties and the wider Mosman community, and invite feedback on the proposal. Information will be provided via –
- Your Voice Mosman – the central point for information about the proposal
- Formal letter to landowners of 2,631 affected properties
- Postcards (letterbox drop to all affected households), advertising in the Mosman Daily, enewsletters, social media, Council website news and posters at key locations:
- All communications direct people to the Your Voice Mosman page
- QR codes linked to the Your Voice Mosman page
- Community information and feedback session/s* and
- Key stakeholder meetings if required, i.e. if a high level of interest
*Given the current COVID-19 restrictions, face-to-face engagement may not be possible. Sessions will be run as 1-hour community information and feedback webinar/s consisting of a presentation by the project team followed by Q&As. Attendees will be required to register to attend online.
Public exhibition is scheduled to occur over a six-week period from Thursday 30 September to Wednesday 10 November 2021.
Council resolved to endorse this strategy and exhibition dates.
Work is now underway to finalise exhibition material and consultation notifications, for commencement at the end of this month.