The State Government are currently undertaking a range of reforms to the planning system.
Some key elements of the current reform program include:
- Delivery of a new metropolitan strategy and district plan through the Greater Sydney Commission
- Proposed standard DCP format for all Councils across NSW
- Proposed 5 year housing target for Mosman of 300 dwellings
- Proposed new documents that Councils will be required to prepare including a ‘Local strategic planning statement’ and ‘Community Participation Plan’
- Introduction of a draft Child Care Planning Guideline and an Education and Child Care SEPP
- Proposed system for the lodgement of development applications online – “NSW Planning Portal”
New Online Development Application Process
- a new system where people lodge DAs online
- standardised application forms
- standard submission requirements
- electronic owners consent and declaration forms
- council’s required to publish DCPs and S94 plans on the portal
Please visit the Planning Portal to read the documents and see examples of what the new submission forms will look like. Submissions close 15 March. https://www.planningportal.nsw.gov.au/…/track-your-applicat…
Reports to Council
A number of reports will be considered by Council in March 2017 in relation to the above matters.
Refer to the Council website in early March for access to these reports (7 March) as well as the outcome of the meeting (13 March).
Submissions to the NSW Government will be prepared in accordance with the outcome of the March meeting.