The 2015 Mosman Design Awards showcased some of the best examples of residential development and architectural excellence in Mosman. This year we received 15 nominations from many talented architects responding to questions of sustainability during design and construction.
Each property was visited in late February and the judges took the opportunity to inspect, ask questions and appreciate the nominated properties. The high standard of the nominations made it a real challenge for the judges in deciding the winning properties.
On Monday 30 March, a special Presentation Evening was held at the Mosman Art Gallery to announce the award winners. The People’s Choice Award was won by the property that received the most votes from the community during the voting period and was presented by the Mayor. The other awards were determined by the panel of judges, including Nick Tobias, Robert Staas, and Gabrielle Morrish.
Award winners included:
- 36 Plunkett Road, designed by Clinton Murray and Polly Harbison – Winner Contribution to the Built Environment
- 3 Prince Albert Street, designed by Tanner Kibble Denton Architects – Winner Heritage Conservation
- 16 Mosman Street, designed by Ian Moore Architects – Winner Alterations and Additions
- 100 Glover Street, designed by PCA Architects and developed by Helm Properties – Winner Multi Dwelling Development
- Mosman Preparatory School and the Greenwall Company – Winner Community Renewal
- 13 Thompson Street designed by Prue Murdoch – Winner People’s Choice Award
Congratulations to all the winners and thank you to our three judges who generously donated their time.
We look forward to hosting the next Mosman Design Awards in 2017.